Friday, October 15, 2010

Freezer Friendly Friday-Honey Baked Pork Chops

Keeping with the theme of Freezer Friendly Friday Recipes, here's an easy one that can be made inexpensively and quickly.  I'd suggest buying a super cheap pork loin and having the butcher slice it into chops for free or cutting them yourself!  You can just line up some freezer bags and dump, dump freeze!

Honey Baked Pork Chops

6 boneless pork chops
1/2 c. honey
1/2 c. cider vinegar
1/2 t. ground ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
2 T. soy sauce

Cooking day:  Place chops in a gallon freezer bag.  Add the remaining ingredients.  Seal and squish around to mix.  Freeze.

Serving day:  Thaw completely.  Place chops and honey mixture directly into a baking dish 9x9 or 9x13 would work fine.  Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees or until chops are cooked.  Turn chops and baste occasionally while baking.

4 comments:

  1. Minus the ginger this sounds delish :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great recipe! Have you ever tried cooking it in the crockpot?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definately be adding this to the rotation. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried it in the crock pot, but I'm sure it would be fine, as long as you didn't over cook it. That would be yucky! I think I'd bulk up my crock pot by putting some carrots and onions on the bottom to cook w/ the chops.

    ReplyDelete